Update from OpenOlat 8.1.0 to OpenOlat 8.1.1
- Stop Tomcat
- your olatdata, your webapps directory and make a database dump
- your olat.local.properties file
- your entire webapps-Directory of OpenOLAT, then delete it
- Extract OpenOlat.war in the webapps-location (replace old release)
- If you have not yet installed OpenOLAT 8.1.0, you must run the DB-updatescripts. If you have 8.1.0 already installed, skip this step
- manually by executing src/main/resources/database/mysql/alter_8_0_x_to_8_1_0.sql
- or make sure you have the property auto.upgrade.database=true (recommendet)
- Copy your old olat.local.properties file to the new unpacked war (or wherever you have it)
- Compare your olat.local.properties with the olat.local.properties.sample and the original olat.properties file
- If you have a custom theme copy it over to the new installed release
- If you have custom spring configurations, re-apply them on the new code base (do not just copy the old spring files as they might have changed! Use the diff command to compare the old and the new files).
- Restart tomcat and look at your console output (e.g. tail -f)
- First startup might take a while because some stuff is migrated.
- Do NOT shutdown until OpenOLAT did the initial startup!
- Let everybody know you just updated to OpenOLAT 8.1.1 (twitter, facebook etc)
- Go get a beer and have fun!