With OpenOLAT 11.3 we release our latest major release. With this release the test infrastructure has been developed further again. Not only new features but also a revised layout help to gain a better usability. In the assessment tool the visibility of the results can be regulated. Thus it becomes possible to show the results to all participants at the same time.
In addition we continue working on optimizing the existing OpenOLAT features. In WebDAV a new folder for finished courses has been added, the access control of the portfolio for external coaches has been optimized and if an accurate service is available, the password can be reseted by SMS.
Overall more than 70 new features and improvements have been added to OpenOLAT since release 11.2 and many processes have been improved. Here, you can find the most important new features and changes of the OpenOLAT 11.3 release. In addition to these improvements, more than 110 bugs have been fixed. The complete list of changes to 11.2 – 11.2.4 can be found here.
With this major release we worked again on the test infrastructure intensively. Not only the features but also the layout has been designed more user friendly.
The layout of QTI 2.1 tests has been revised completely for this release. The questions are framed and the coloring has been adapted.
In QTI 2.1 tests many more options are available. Many of them are used for specific scenarios only. Therefore they have been moved to the new created tab expert. In the options it can be chosen, if a normative test, a sharp test, or a formative test, exercise test want to be created. The preconfigured options can be selected and adapted manually afterward. Additionally the settings made in the options of the learning resource are over taken into the test while embedding into the course. If desired these options can be adapted in the tab Options.
In the creation of the questions there hasn’t been a view of the correct solution until now. Especially for gap text questions it is desirable to view once the correctly filled in gap text. With the tab Preview solution this becomes possible.
As of now for QTI 2.1 tests a time limit can be added as well. This time limit is valid for the whole test, not for single sections or questions. Thus also tests which are done without assessment mode can be limited temporarily.
For the result overview further possibilities are available. No it can be selected exactly which element of the result should be shown to the participants. For example only the solution of the participant but not the correct solution can be shown or the meta data of the section but not the one of the single questions can be shown.
Especially for sharp tests it is essential that test participants can advance as fast as possible. This contains the automatic change from the answered question to the next question. If no feedback is added to the questions, you jump directly to the next question when clicking “Submit response”.
With the adding of the highscore to the test OpenOLAT takes the first step in the direction of gamification. The author defines if the highscore is enabled for the test and which elements should be shown. It can be chosen between podium, histogram and a listing of the participants. If desired the data can be displayed anonymous. Immediately after finishing the test the participants get an overview of their standing in comparison to the other participants.
The author has the possibility the let generate a test receipt for a test and send it per email to the test participant. After finishing the test the participants get a confirmation email that they took part in the test and a xml-file. This file can be saved by the participant. In case of a recourse it can be verified if it is about the right test result.
Test infrastructure in a nutshell
- Attractive layout
- Pre-settings for formative and summative tests
- Time limit
- Test receipt
Assessment tool: Visibility of the result
A course participant gets a task within a course element task which needs to be solved until a certain time. Afterward it follows the revision and the assessment. As soon as the score or the status passed is set, it is shown to the participants. As often not all tasks can be revised and assessed at the same time, the participants get the result not all at the same time.
With the release 11.3 it becomes possible to activated all results at the same time. Therefore the visibility of the results is limited manually in the assessment tool. As long as this limitation is activated the results are not visible. At the moment where all tasks are revised and assessed, the visibility of the results can be activated for all participants at the same time. Thus the results for all participants are visible at the same time, not matter in which order they have been revised and assessed.
This limitation of the visibility can be used for all assessable course elements. By default the results are visible immediately until the visibility is limited manually. The only exception is the test, where the correction is set to manually. Here the result must be set visible actively that the the participants can see it.
Assessment tool: Visibility of the result in a nutshell
- Set visibility of the results manually
- Visibility of the results for all participants at the same time
- Application for all assessable course elements
Password reset by SMS
If a user forgets his password it can be reseted on the login page with the help of “Password forgotten”. Afterward he gets an email to reactivated his account.
With the release 11.3 the password can be reset by SMS as well. Therefore a WebSMS account needs to be added to the system. frentix customer can contact frentix for further information (email@example.com)
Certificate send to bbc email address
If a certificate is created for a course the participants get an email with the certificate per email. Additionally the certificate can be found in the assessment tool and is thus visible for the coach and also in the evidence of achievement of the participant. In some cases it is important that e.g. the HR department gets informed about the creation of the certificate to store it. That it is not necessary to give access for somebody to all courses, in the administration an email address can be set. To this email address all generated certificates are sent by bbc email.
Move forum entries into another forum
Until no created forum entries could be moved within the forum. With this release it becomes possible to move forum entries into another forum. This is even possible if the forum is in another course.
The OpenOLAT possess a full text search. Such kind of a search has now been implemented on the course level. The course search enables a search which is limited on the corresponding course and does not search the whole OpenOLAT.
- Improvement of the conversion from QTI 1.2 to QTI 2.1
- New WebDAV folder for the courses in the status finished
- Improvement of the access right for external coaches in the portfolio
- Improvement of the archive of tests
Release Notes – OpenOLAT – Version 11.3.3
- [OO-2657] – Strange random shuffle situation task module
- [OO-2659] – Headers of project broker archive are broken
- [OO-2660] – Cannot delete a group with portfolio
- [OO-2661] – Reduce SMS activation reminder to 1 month
- [OO-2662] – Error while importing Test from community OO to Fuwa OO
- [OO-2663] – RS export question from test to pool if no metadata available
- [OO-2664] – group portfolio Umlaut in the title
- [OO-2665] – task: files with the same name mix up when replace
- [OO-2666] – User search extension by repository entry doesn't deduplicate users
- [OO-2667] – Lazy loading issue if the option "Failed as not passed after end date of course"
- [OO-2639] – QTI 2.1: result export or result archive does not take any pictures
Release Notes – OpenOLAT – Version 11.3.2
- [OO-2504] – Excel-Export of the course participant list and the test results shows the first row twice.
- [OO-2616] – No lock sign on Calendar, Wiki, Notification if restriction configured
- [OO-2647] – NPE if archive or delete a course with an unused participant folder
- [OO-2648] – Enhance import of TaoTesting questions
- [OO-2649] – associateInteraction with unrestricted association number doesn't work
- [OO-2650] – No possibility to edit a QTI 2.1 gap-text if test used once
- [OO-2651] – No column sorting possible in Questionbank > Administration > Pool Administration
- [OO-2652] – test statistic
- [OO-2653] – OO-2593 serialize the window object
- [OO-2654] – test statistic: translation keys are missing
- [OO-2655] – Image doesn't show for unknown interaction types in question pool
- [OO-2656] – WebDAV link doesn't show the context of the URL
- [OO-2634] – User management: no learning ressource icons in tab courses
Release Notes – OpenOLAT – Version 11.3.1
- [OO-2593] – Using and styling a CP in different courses results in mismatched styles
- [OO-2613] – RS if a question file is missing in a QTI 2.1 test
- [OO-2614] – If a question / assessmentItem is several times referenced, delete one delete the file for all
- [OO-2615] – Missing and/or double Questions (and wrong order) on export from pool to test
- [OO-2617] – SCORM finish failed with HighScore enabled
- [OO-2618] – Error in full text search if the forum message doesn't exist anymore
- [OO-2622] – Double click in FIB doesn't work anymore
- [OO-2623] – The description for the QTI 2.1 elements not supported by the editor doesn't show the images
- [OO-2625] – Safe Exam Browser on MacOS does not show textarea resizer in essay question type
- [OO-2626] – course search: documents cannot be found
- [OO-2628] – QTI2 learning resource: RS when restting test results
- [OO-2629] – Missing translation
- [OO-2630] – Open assignment in table view of a portfolio binder
- [OO-2631] – Wrong default quota for course storage
- [OO-2632] – Cannot edit invitation in portfolio
- [OO-2640] – RS if a transaction is missing with MySQL
- [OO-2641] – Error in portfolio indexer
- [OO-2642] – Assignments in binder before their sections
- [OO-2643] – Cannot close a course from the table view
- [OO-2644] – Storage folder not synched by creation of a binder from a template
- [OO-2645] – Cannot import a course with a configured video course element
- [OO-2646] – Edit new CP and back to view a 404 error
Release Notes – OpenOLAT – Version 11.3
- [OO-2418] – Cannot delete a user
- [OO-2516] – Support word export for match interaction
- [OO-2531] – Test statistics cannot be downloaded or printed
- [OO-2533] – Don’t show macOS meta files in folder notifications
- [OO-2541] – WebDAV: the list of courses can be very slow
- [OO-2543] – if replacing a poster at video-settings, the change is not shown at video start page
- [OO-2577] – QTI 2.1 Submit response go automatically to the next question
- [OO-2578] – QTI 2.1 options for the result details
- [OO-2579] – QTI 2.1 decorate correct and incorrect modal feedback
- [OO-2580] – QTI 2.1 RS using reset function in assessment tool
- [OO-2582] – RS batch pull of QTI 2.1 tests
- [OO-2586] – QTI: in section description text after heading is not converted
- [OO-2587] – QTI: horizontal answer alignment is not converted
- [OO-2590] – assessment tool: correction of test cannot be done for all
- [OO-2591] – Date enrollment: Subject of emails is calculated wrong
- [OO-2599] – Auto completer in table move if the user click a checkbox
- [OO-2600] – RS publishing a course with a SCORM element
- [OO-2606] – Controller disposed with auto started SCORM
- [OO-2445] – usermanager can edit user status
- [OO-2446] – Assessment tool: add change log to assessment form
- [OO-2447] – QTI 2.1: improve editor compatibility with ONYX
- [OO-2454] – Improve performance of video management
- [OO-2456] – Add results reporting download to test download in course archive tool
- [OO-2459] – Portfolio: external access control edit mail
- [OO-2483] – Add error handling to transcoding and admin GUI
- [OO-2502] – German Wording at the course element structure, tab ‘score’ > ‘Calculate failed score?’ is irritating
- [OO-2532] – QTI 2.1 test environment usability improvement
- [OO-2534] – Disable google translate for OpenOLAT
- [OO-2550] – Beautify QTI2 runtime engine
- [OO-2551] – QTI 2.1: rename infopage
- [OO-2564] – QTI 2.1: the preview in the test configuration should be available
- [OO-2565] – QTI 2.1: edit test in the course element test directly
- [OO-2570] – Better styling at question view concerning “answered”/”not Answered”
- [OO-2576] – Course archive: tests should show different icons for QTI 1.2 and 2.1
- [OO-2601] – Wording SMS, QTI
- [OO-2602] – QTI 2.1 automatically jump the close step if there are no reviews or feedbacks
- [OO-2603] – RS suspend test without responding to any answers
- [OO-2605] – QTI 2.1: select formative/summative default in options
- [OO-2133] – HighScore visualization for assessable course elements
- [OO-2451] – Certificates: send certificates to HR as bbc
- [OO-2452] – SMS module and reset password workflow via SMS authentication
- [OO-2455] – Download of all participant folders in course archive tool
- [OO-2508] – QTI 2.1: correct solution/feedback can be added to every answer
- [OO-2517] – QTI 2.1: new tab preview solution
- [OO-2520] – QTI 2.1: comment in manual correction
- [OO-2522] – assessment tool: result visibility can be chosen
- [OO-2535] – Send and show signed checksum after QTI 2 (Test signature)
- [OO-2536] – WebDAV: folder finished is added for finished courses
- [OO-2552] – QTI 2.1: Archive selftest result reporting anonymous
- [OO-2581] – Course search as course tool in toolbar
- [OO-2583] – QTI 2.1: add time limit for course element test (on test level only)
- [OO-2584] – Test signature checker tool
- [OO-2592] – Move forum posts inside a course (or to another course)
- [OO-2595] – Add filter to avoid black video poster suggestions in video/poster config
- [OO-2598] – QTI 2.1: add information about converting